Friday, December 19, 2008

Columbia Antique Mall

I don't usually mention too many places around these parts...never really too impressed. But today I visited Columbia Antique Mall on the corner of Blossom and Huger streets and was blown away by all the antique treasures! There are two old filthy warehouses full of expensive things...the dirtier the costlier it seemed. I managed to finagle a few items which hopefully will appear in some artwork shortly. I've been preoccupied with setting up my new studio digs. I could not have picked a worse time to move...as you may have noticed, I've missed out on selling much for the holidays...woe is me! Hoping to be more productive in the new year, in my new space, with a lower overhead! xoxo
Columbia Antique Mall-South Carolina

My favorite kind of shopping experience!

Be still my heart! She has the most beautiful blue
bow in her hair too! There is also a matching girl with a little
flapper hairdo that was too blurry to post.

Pretty white wood tramp art box mixed in with all sorts
of dirty treasures!

I've always wanted a great set of gams!

Tiny wood and metal sink-did this really work at one time?
The plug seems to suggest a yes!?

I wanted this so badly, it hurt! Maybe if its still there
in the new year! Those are chenille flowers-tag read
"mourning box"

Incredible blue chandelier I cannot afford.

Handmade Tabby Church

Interior of Church

On the way out of the parking lot I noticed this
perched in the bushes.
So lovely!

5 comments:

sew nancy said...

so much goodness
i'm ooh'ing and aahh'ing

blue moss said...

looks like fun...maybe the greenville girls could take a road trip and go with you sometime!

tammy smith said...

LOVIN that church!! What's it made of anyway?
and also love the post on you on http://shoptalkbuzz.blogspot.com/!
Congrats on being in BH&G!!
Happy Holidays-Tammy Smith

Beth Leintz said...

Oh my- I would like the tramp art box, the little girl with rosy cheeks, the folk art church, the sink, and the mourning flowers and the blue chandelier.

I started out just wanting the chennile flowers, but if you're going to dream, you might as well dream big.

Just found your blog and I'm really enjoying all the treasures!

nice-etc.com / caitlin said...

wowwwww! so many great treasures! i love love love that little girl and the mourning box and the interior of that little church! who knew!