Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Winifred Ross Reilly

I was fortunate to tag along one spring break in college with my friend and artist, Kathy Thompson, down to Baton Rouge, La where I was forever changed by having met artist and designer, Winifred Ross Reilly. Kathy was there to install her own work- a copper pod sculpture in her dear friend, Winifred's garden. Winifred had created an artful home for her young family like I had never experienced! *Shameless Plug: A home and studio I will be honored to feature as part of my guest posts this upcoming April 27-May 1 on Design*Sponge!! Stay Tuned! Thank you, Grace!* The Ross-Reilly home is infused with Winifred's keen use of color and design that serves to shadowbox their incredible art collection. As an artist and graduate of Pratt Institute, her technical skills weave effortlessly from ceramics, casting, screen-printing, encaustics and painting to large-scale construction. Her work is available through Ann Connelly Fine Art where you can also view more of her present and past works online. xo
Nature Construction 1
11" x 10" construction, collage, encaustic

Nature Construction 2-sold
11" x 10" construction, collage, encaustic

Nature Construction 3-sold
11" x 10" construction, collage, encaustic

Untitled
44"x 30" mixed media

Untitled
44"x 29" Flocked Thistle Monoprint
Magnolia Construction Red
48" x 36" collage, mixed media

Sirens #2-sold
44"x 30" Mixed media on panel

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I took art classes from Kathy forever ago! Sounds like a great trip. xo

melissa loves said...

These are beautiful and squeal! You are guesting on DS! I cannot wait to see! YAY! KATIE!
xoxo
Melis

Style Court said...

Katie, I'm so looking forward to your guest posts!