Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pam Garrison's Sampler Work

I have really enjoyed seeing what Pam Garrison has created with her stitching samplers! She has taken the beloved tradition and transformed it in her funky modern way...incorporating it in several types of design work...just see some of her projects below! And- of course, there's much more to swoon over on her blog and Flickr! xo
Sewing Machine Cover
(made from Ikea Pillowcase!)

Felt Cottage made in Charlotte Lyon's class at this years artFiberfest

Detail of Pam's Felt Cottage

Detail of mushroom on Felt Cottage
I adore her worn vintage sequins!

A stitching sampler she assembled 'just for fun'...
I think its frameworthy!


Stitching a Sampler
I love how she incorporates the millinery bits!

5 comments:

andrea creates said...

I agree ~I've admired her work for awhile now too :)

Pamela said...

the sweatshirt is a lovely idea! I think i'm going to have to remember that next time i get the bug to do some embroidery!

orange sugar home said...

I sure wish I had that vision. these are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

i found Pam's flickr stream a few weeks ago and i'm totally in love... her attention to detail is just stunning!

{beth} said...

Love Pam's work. She has such a great eye for color and design and she's super sweet. (met her at silver bella).