Thursday, August 30, 2007

Monica Cook


There is a great article about Monica Cook and her exquisite paintings in Webesteem Magazine online. Click on any of the images to view the entire work. Above is a favorite piece of mine of Monica's that appeared on the Swan Coach House Gallery promotion for a group show she was in a few years ago. I remember picking something up from her old Savannah studio one day and was lucky enough to see this in person. I remember the colors were incredible and the figure luminous! I have carried around this image from studio to studio since. I apologize I don't know the title of the piece or the show and this poor scan doesn't do it justice! Monica's work can also be found on ArtLink at Sotheby's, NYFA Interactive, as well as her latest series, Pee-Girls now showing at Tag Art Gallery. Monica now lives and works in NYC.

No comments: