Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Domino- the Final Frontier


*Click on image to enlarge

When Amy Zurcher and I began shopSCAD we faced a lot of naysayers! Everything from the name to our display fixtures were poo-pooed - and loudly! Although, within a few months it was quite exciting and satisfying to see our efforts noticed in national publications. While I am no longer associated with the shop- I still feel as though I have bragging rights- and I want to especially applaud the work Amy has done to take shopSCAD to a new level! ShopSCAD, shopSCAD Atlanta, and shopSCADonline, have been mentioned in all the great magazines such as Vogue, Elle Decor, Country Home, Blueprint, Lucky, Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion, Cottage Living, and now........Domino! We both love the magazine and Amy couldn't have been more thrilled to meet style editor, Rita Konig! Rita has put together a lovely article that I think captures the old-world glamour and moodiness that we love most about Savannah. I've always thought Domino was the only equivalent we had in the States that compared to my British favorite Elle Decoration. Ok-I'm done buffing my trophy of No Shame. But stay tuned... ShopSCAD is about to undergo some big changes!

7 comments:

Joanna Goddard said...

yay! congrats!

shopSCAD said...

Thanks Katie, you are still a part of shopSCAD and certainly have bragging rights. You can't get rid of us that easy. We love you and your blog.
shopSCAD

Amy Bell said...

I love the shop...congrats. You are so talented and I love reading your blog entries...
Much love,
Amy

Liz Demos said...

No surprises here. Your baby deserves all the praise it could receive. It is one of a few places that I send my customers when they inquire where to shop in Savannah.
xoxo

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

oh hey! rita konig is my client at marc jacobs. i love her. she is so sweet and lovely!

designsbynana said...

I love going in there! I am there at least once every two weeks; checking on what is new and loving what I see.
I want to pat your back on your super informative blog. And for showing me all the bloggers from my home town Savannah. Through your blog I find something new almost on a daily basis...may be another blogger who I enjoy their shop? maybe a cool and hip blog? or maybe how you began shopSCAD! Thank you for the info. I have a subscription to Domino and it is one of my favs
at this moment right along with Blueprint.

Barbara Bechtel said...

you will always have bragging rights to shopSCAD katie! that place is the small fledgling in your journey and still flutters with your name. :)